Can a Search Engine Optimization Package Deliver Results – Page One Google?
Did you know that 70% of your Target Audience uses online search to find your service or product, and 75% of them never click past the first page of results?
What is SEO?
According to Wikipedia, “Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s “natural” or un-paid (‘organic’) search results.”
It’s not always about getting visitors to your site, but getting the right kind of visitors. That’s what MOZ proclaims at the beginning of their very useful “Beginners Guide to SEO” which has been downloaded over a million times. If you’re looking for a digestible resource for doing SEO yourself, I highly recommend this guide to jump start your SEO work.
Do SEO Packages Work?
As an Internet business consultant, I don’t believe that an SEO ‘package’ serves the unique needs of any business. SEO is just way more complex than that. However, that doesn’t mean it must be long, drawn out or out of reach for small business. Because I know how to assess a site, content and SEO, I can look very closely while considering the owner’s goals, to pinpoint what needs to be done to most cost-effectively get results.
SEO Client Example:
One of my clients, a Nasville Billiard Retailer, hadn’t been able to achieve page one Google for keywords related to ‘shuffleboard’. They were frustrated for years before they engaged me in August 2014 to 1.) optimize their site and 2.) advise them to take additional actions. We worked on all aspects of Onsite SEO as well as additional keyword optimized content. After 60 days, they:
- Placed page one Google for not one, but two returns for ‘shuffleboard’ (and not just ‘Shuffleboard Nashville’, a much easier term).
- Placed above their higher-ranking national shuffleboard supplier.
It is definitely possible to achieve specific results like this, but in my opinion, not with a package.
In the spirit of sharing with you how this works, I will describe my own SEO Consulting Services. My search engine optimization services can take you from start to finish. Or, you can do some of it yourself, coordinated with my services. I can do everything – the research, SEO strategy, SEO plan and execution. Or you can do as much as possible under my direction. It’s up to you and your available resources, both human and financial.
Either way, I’ll work with you to create a strategy that makes sense, help you understand where your competitors are, survey your link structure and show you which keywords are most important to target and achieve success.
Steps to Create a Strategic SEO Plan
- Consultation – In the initial meeting we discuss your business, your products and services, competitors and your target market. After we agree on terms, I go back to my office and begin the SEO Analysis on your site – asking questions along the way to ensure that I’m on track and stay there.
- Website Analysis – Evaluate your site structure, page meta-data, keyword density, linking specifics and other factors critical to SEO success.
- Keyword Research – Assess the competitiveness of the keywords related to your business offerings and develop a cost-effective strategy to target search phrases that will bring business to your door.
- Link Analysis – Links are still important, and Google will continue to place emphasis on links in its search algorithm. In this video, Google engineer Matt Cutts discusses the relative importance of a site’s ‘backlinks’.
- Content Inventory – In addition to website Analysis, Keyword Research and Link Analysis, a detailed SEO Analysis also includes a thorough inventory of your available content, as well as a strategic review of competitors’ content. All with the goal of out-ranking and out-shining your competitors, using content as search candy.
- Roadmap Creation – Create a detailed roadmap that outlines the activities to be completed over the coming months.
- Execution – We complete the tasks in the roadmap, working with you to get necessary changes to your site implemented.
Do you want to be competitive? If you’re not using strategic SEO to get your website ranked, well, you’re already behind.
If you finished reading this post, others will too, so take 5 seconds (!) to share on Facebook, Twitter or your favorite social scoop. Thanks!
More Articles That May Interest You:
For more resources, see the Free Management Library topic: Marketing and Social Media.
.. _____ ..
ABOUT Lisa M. Chapman:
Lisa Chapman helps company leaders define, plan and achieve their goals – both online and offline. After 25+ years as an entrepreneur, she is now a business and marketing consultant, business planning consultant and social media consultant. Online, she works with clients to establish and enhance their brand, attract their Target Audience, engage them in meaningful social media conversations, and convert them into Buyers. You can reach her via email: Lisa (at) LisaChapman (dot) com. Her book, The WebPowered Entrepreneur – A Step-by-Step Guide is available at: