Purpose of this Strategic Planning Blog
This blog helps you improve your strategic planning by providing articles, opinions, commentary and many related resources. The blog is for a general audience, including beginners and those advanced in strategic planning.
The benefits of strategic planning are many, including:
- Effective Board governance, including oversight and operations.
- Common vision and goals for all leaders in the organization.
- Enhanced credibility and image among stakeholders.
- Clear delineation and coordination of Board and employee roles.
- Successful, sustainable products and programs.
- Stronger marketing, including research, advertising and promotions.
- More stable and consistent revenue streams.
- Overall, more proactive direction-setting, decision-making and problem-solving.
Examples of Topics (or Categories) Relevant to this Blog
You can understand even more about the focus of this blog by looking at examples of various related topics (or categories) that this blog might write about. The following list includes examples of related topics as does the list of Related Library Topics in the sidebar. There may be other related topics, as well.
- Basics and Overviews
- Models of Planning
- Preparation: Plan for a Plan
- Facilitation of Planning
- General Resources
- Mission, Vision and Values
- Goals and Action Plans
- Composing the Plan
- Implementation and Monitoring
This detailed list of topics gives more detail about the types of topics we’ll be likely to cover and their likely order, as well.
As posts are published, they will be organized into those or other related categories. Categories that have posts published to them will be listed in the sidebar in Categories of Posts. Readers can click on a category and see the posts in that category.
About Us, the Co-Hosts of this Blog
We’re Michael Wilkinson, Brian Brereton and Carter McNamara, the co-hosts of this blog. You can read more about us next to our pictures to the right of each page in the blog. We plan to publish about various aspects of strategic planning, and will focus especially on practical tips and tools. These posts will include posts from guest writers, as well.
How to Use the Library’s Blogs
We have implemented many features to make the blogs very valuable and convenient to use. To learn how to use the blogs, click on Library Blog’s Home under the header on each page of the blog.
If You’re Interested In Hosting a Blog for the Library
Just click on Contact Us at the bottom of each page and share your idea, including the topic that you would like to blog about. You would need to commit to publishing a post at least twice a week for at least six months. In return, you would get tremendous visibility to you and your writing. You would retain copyright of your writing – see the Copyright in the footer on each page.