From dozens of suggestions in the npEnterprise Forum, our social enterprise social media site, here is our:
TOP 10 SOCIAL ENTERPRISE SOUND BITES
Social enterprises are businesses that:
- Use the marketplace to solve pressing social problems.
- Have a primary purpose to do social good.
- Serve the common good, making money while solving social problems.
- Are values-led and committed to the triple bottom line of people, planet and profit.
- Use the power of business for positive social change.
- Believe the bottom line and social change can be hardwired together.
- Develop and sell products or services that address social or environmental issues.
- Are values-centered, transparent, and in business for the benefit of all stakeholders.
- Are dedicated to making a sustained, positive impact on social and environmental change.
- Believe what is good for the world is good for business.
Hope this is helpful in your work.