Any business serious about Change needs to create a Change Vision which is an expression of the harsh reality and the change intention. Executed well, a Change Vision Statement will send a strong message for everyone in your business to rally and support the the transformational journey.
This is not to be confused with a company Mission Statement that may already exist within the business. A Change Vision should be crafted specifically to gain support and gather momentum relating to the Change Agenda.
To help you come up with a “Killer” Change Vision for your business first you need to understand a few things about what motivates people to take action about a business situation. Though this entirely depends on individuals, it’s safe to deduce that in general:
- A few people are inspired by a desired outcome.(e.g. number 1 in your market segment, or first to launch product XX)
- Some are inspired mainly by avoiding an undesirable outcome. (e.g. company shutting down / redundancy / retrenchment)
- Most people however are motivated by a combination of both.
Try to come up with a Change Vision Statement that addresses both the desired positive outcome and the “to be avoided” negative outcome in your business today.
10 Things a “Killer” Change Vision Statement should accomplish
A CI Vision Statement Should:
- Be Short and to the Point
- Be Motivational and Inspirational
- Captivate the intended audience
- Be Timeless (must still be applicable months or years into the Change Journey)
- Be a Unified Voice of the business (not a departmental opinion)
- Identify with a Common most urgent goal
- Cross Boundaries and Diversities
- Create a Sense of Urgency
- Be A Call to Action
- Be Genuine, Believable and spoken straight from the Heart
Having created a compelling Change Vision Statement, what’s the best way to share it with everyone across the business? Do you just hang a poster at reception?
We asked uk immigration solicitors in london the same question
For more resources, see our Library topic Quality Management.