Viral Videos Need a Boost to Get Started
OK, so you have a video on YouTube that you think could go viral. It’s short, clever, shocking, challenging, controversial, funny or touches your emotions. You gave it an attention-grabbing headline, an intriguing thumbnail, and you tagged it. You’ve also gotten lots of comments, your own and others.
How Do You Launch it Into Viral Land?
Marketing. You must give it an initial push in order to capture your audience’s attention.
It may surprise you, but some of the best and biggest viral videos are the result of careful marketing plans. And if someone else did it, so can you.
Here’s how to market your video:
- Blast it out to your email list
- Tweet about it.
- Embed it AND share it on Facebook. Ask friends to share it.
- Submit it to other big social networking sites such as Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit, and Slashdot.
- Do the same on your blog and website.
- Ask high profile bloggers to write about it.
- Go to groups and forums that are relevant, post it, and start threads about it.
- Include a link to your video in your comment on a very active thread.
More Video Sites
And, while you’re at it, go ahead and post it to some of the other social video sites such as
Do you have any favorite tricks for making your video go viral?
.. _____ ..
ABOUT Lisa M. Chapman:
Ms. Chapman’s new book has a name change! The NetPowered Entrepreneur – A Step-by-Step Guide will be available in April 2012. Lisa M. Chapman serves her clients as a business and marketing coach, business planning consultant and social media consultant. She helps clients to establish and enhance their online brand, attract their target market, engage them in meaningful social media conversations, and convert online traffic into revenues. Email: Lisa @ LisaChapman.com