Drill Down to the Basics
Privacy issues surrounding social media marketing, and Facebook in particular, have been big news for quite some time now – especially since Mark Zuckerberg’s own Facebook Fan Page was hacked. After all, if they can hack HIM, what else is possible?
Privacy is a concern for all of us, especially if your business is starting to ramp up its social media marketing as an important component of a comprehensive marketing strategy.
Facebook, for example, has over 170 privacy setting options. It’s overwhelming. Who actually goes through all those to determine what’s most important, and not?
“10 Privacy Settings Every User Needs to Know”
- Sharing on Facebook – who can see what you share
- Existing photos – who can see your albums and wall photos
- Checking in to Places – lets your friends check you into Places
- Connecting – how people can find you on Facebook
- Apps you use – individual settings for dozens of already active apps
- Instant personalization – third party websites use of your info
- Info accessible to your friends – info available to your friends’ apps and websites
- Public search – what search engines reveal about you
- Friend lists – grouping friends into separate lists
- Enabling HTTPS – security: Hacking or ‘account sniffing’
It’s a great article, and certainly worth your time to investigate which items affect you, and how. Schroeder makes it simple, with screenshots and non-technical summaries. FINALLY! We all appreciate your time and insights, Stan.
What other Privacy concerns do you have? Any suggestions from your own experiences?
.. _____ ..
ABOUT Lisa M. Chapman:
Ms. Chapman’s new book, How to Make Money Online With Social Media: A Step-by-Step Guide for Entrepreneurs will be available very soon. With offices in Nashville Tennessee, but working virtually with international clients, Lisa M. Chapman serves her clients as a business and marketing coach, business planning consultant and social media consultant. As a Founder of iBrand Masters, a social media consulting firm, Lisa Chapman helps clients to establish and enhance their online brand, attract their target market, engage them in meaningful social media conversations, and convert online traffic into revenues. Email: Lisa @ LisaChapman.com