Requirements to Be a Host of a Library Blog
To be a host of a Library blog:
- You must submit a post in the blog at least every other week.
- It must be at least 500 words long.
- It must be substantive about the topic, and not overly promotional about the author.
- It must be unique to the Library, i.e., not duplicated elsewhere. (Some search engines penalize websites for duplicating content from other websites.)
- We do not pay for posts. Rather, we provide means for you to efficiently edit and publish your post to a wide audience. (We will teach you how to use the editor, etc.)
- You include your byline (your specification of your authorship) and can link to your organization.
- You retain copyright of your post. However, you grant the Library the right to retain a copy on its website.
Note: Due to the large amount of spam that still gets through our spam detectors, we have disabled commentary to the blogs for now.
If you are interested, then please email your preferred Library blog and your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org .