A recent survey, Mercer’s 2010 Attraction and Retention Survey (as cited on clomedia.com) indicates that 27% of companies are planning to expand their workforce, which is up from 12% in 2009. As more and more companies begin hiring in higher numbers, the fear of losing high performing talent increases for many. If you have that fear, please see the below list of things that will drive your high performing employees to seek other opportunities.
- Fail to provide them with development opportunities
- Question everything they do
- Micro manage their work
- Fail to let them take ownership of their work
- Fail to provide challenging work
- Fail to address performance issues of others
- Fail to provide them with performance feedback
- Fail to consider their insight or fail to even ask
- Ignore their suggestions
- Fail to discuss their goals
What else can you add to the list? Your comments and questions are always encouraged!
For more resources, See the Human Resources library.