Strategic Planning -- Related Library Topics
This topic includes information for for-profits and nonprofits. Information specific to one type of organization is marked as such.
Regarding Phases of Traditional Strategic Planning Process
for Strategic Planning
- - - Guidelines to Keep Perspective During Planning
- - - Useful Skills to Have When Planning
- - - Need Consultant or Facilitator to Help You With Planning?
- - - Who Should Be Involved in Planning?
- - - How Many Planning Meetings Will We Need?
Always First Do "Plan for a Plan"
- - - Taking Wide Look Around the Outside of Organization (Opportunities and Threats)
- - - Looking Around Inside the Organization (Strengths and Weaknesses)
Setting Strategic Direction
- - - Strategizing (identifying goals and methods to achieve them)
- - - Developing/Updating Mission Statement (the purpose of the organization)
- - - Developing/Updating Vision Statement (depiction of future state of organization and customers)
- - - Developing/Updating Values Statement (overall priorities in how organization operates)
Action Planning (who will do what and by when)
Writing and Communicating the Plan
Implementing, Monitoring, Evaluating and Deviating from the Plan -- and Managing Change
Broader Related Topics
Basic Research Methods
Capacity Building (nonprofits)
Controlling / Coordinating the Implementation of Plans
Creativity and Innovation
Finances and Accounting (For-Profit)
Finances and Accounting (Nonprofit)
General Planning Process
Guidelines for Successful Planning
Management by Objectives
Organizing Resources to Implement Plans
Performance Management (generic)
Planning (includes numerous types of planning)
Learn More in the Library's Blogs Related to this Topic
See the following blogs which have posts related to this topic. Scan down the blog's page to see various posts. Also see the section "Recent Blog Posts" in the sidebar of the blog or click on "next" near the bottom of a post in the blog.