Sections of This Topic Include
- Basics and Overviews About Quality Management includes many links about basics and overviews of quality management.
- Benchmarking is the use of standard measurements in a service or industry for comparison to other organizations in order to gain perspective on organizational performance.
- Continuous Improvement, in regard to organizational quality and performance, focuses on improving customer satisfaction through continuous and incremental improvements to processes, including by removing unnecessary activities and variations.
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis is an approach that helps identify and prioritize potential equipment and process failures.
- ISO9000 is an internationally recognized standard of quality, and includes guidelines to accomplish the ISO9000 quality standard. Organizations can be optionally audited to earn ISO9000 certification.
- Lean Management is a process of maximizing customer value while reducing waste. Any activity or process that consumes resources, adds cost or time without creating value becomes the target for elimination.
- Total Quality Improvement (TQM) is a set of management practices throughout the organization, geared to ensure the organization consistently meets or exceeds customer requirements. TQM places strong focus on process measurement and controls as means of continuous improvement.
- Six Sigma is a quality management initiative that takes a very data-driven, methodological approach to eliminating defects with the aim to reach six standard deviations from the desired target of quality. Six standard deviations means 3.4 defects per million.
Related Library Topics
Also See the Library's Blog Related to Quality Management
In addition to the information on this current page, see the following blog which has posts related to this topic. Scan down the blog's page to see various posts. Also see the section "Recent Blog Posts" in the sidebar of the blog or click on "next" near the bottom of a post in the blog.
Measurement and Huge Profit Increases.
Leadership Knowledge Base: Information to Improve Your Leadership Skills.
W. Edwards Deming Institute
Pareto Chart Basics
How to make a Histogram
The Balanced Scorecard
What Is Quality In Business?
Good Quality Improvement Programs Produce Better Bottom Lines
10 Top Tips For Implementing Quality Improvement Projects
The Kano Model: Critical to Quality Characteristics
Key Questions to Ask Before Selecting a Solution to a Business Problem
The 5 Habits of Quality-Focused Companies
For the Category of Quality Management:
To round out your knowledge of this Library topic, you may
want to review some related topics, available from the link below.
Each of the related topics includes free, online resources.
Also, scan the Recommended Books listed below. They have been selected for their relevance and highly practical nature.
The following books are recommended because of their highly practical nature and often because they include a wide range of information about this Library topic. To get more information about each book, just click on the image of the book. Also, a "bubble" of information might be displayed. You can click on the title of the book in that bubble to get more information, too.