How to Ensure Strong Employee Performance Management
- Much of the information in this topic is adapted from the books Field Guide to Leadership and Supervision and Field Guide to Leadership and Supervision for Nonprofit Staff.
Sections of This Topic Include
Employee Performance Management Process
Developing Performance Plans
Giving and Receiving Feedback
Evaluating Performance (Performance Appraisals)
Addressing Performance Problems
Performance Improvement/Development Plans
Related Library Topics
Also See the Library's Blogs Related to Employee Performance Management
In addition to the articles on this current page, also see the following blogs that have posts related to Employee Performance Management. Scan down the blog's page to see various posts. Also see the section "Recent Blog Posts" in the sidebar of the blog or click on "next" near the bottom of a post in the blog. The blog also links to numerous free related resources.
Additional Perspectives on Employee Performance Management
Overviews of Employee Performance Management
The following links provide a broad overview of the employee performance management
Performance Plan (repeated from "Basic Overview")
Overview of Employee Performance Management
Performance Management: An Overview
How to Maximize Your Performance Appraisal Score
Elevating Performance Management
List of useful links about employee performance management
Managing Day-to-Day Employee Performance
5 Performance Management Tasks That are Often Overlooked
Improving Employee Engagement to Drive Business Performance
Driving Growth Through Workforce Empowerment: The Business Case for Integrated HCM
Surprise! Respect for Employees and Fair Pay Are Profitable for Small Businesses ... and It's Not That Hard.
Overcoming the Obstacles to "Clutch" Performance
Employee Coaching: 3 Guidelines to Make It Work
Training Every Employee to be CEO
Ten Ways to Help Your Employees Make a Little Magic
Enthusiastic Employees: Do You Have Them?
Can You Fix My Employees With Training?
Performance Management is Not about the Forms
For the Category of Supervision:
To round out your knowledge of this Library topic, you may
want to review some related topics, available from the link below.
Each of the related topics includes free, online resources.
Also, scan the Recommended Books listed below. They have been selected for their relevance and highly practical nature.
General Information About Supervising Other Individuals
- Field Guide to Leadership and Supervision in Business
- by Carter McNamara, published by Authenticity Consulting, LLC. Provides step-by-step, highly practical guidelines to recruit, utilize and evaluate the best employees for your business. Includes guidelines to effectively lead yourself (as Board member or employee), other individuals, groups and organizations. Includes guidelines to avoid burnout -- a very common problem among employees of small businesses. Many materials in this Library's topic about staffing are adapted from this book.
- Field Guide to Leadership and Supervision With Nonprofit Staff
- by Carter McNamara, published by Authenticity Consulting, LLC. Provides step-by-step, highly practical guidelines to recruit, utilize and evaluate the best staff members for your nonprofit. Includes guidelines to effectively lead yourself (as Board member or staff member), other individuals, groups and organizations. Includes guidelines to avoid burnout -- a very common problem among nonprofit staff. Many materials in this Library's topic about staffing are adapted from this book.
The following books are recommended because of their highly practical nature and often because they include a wide range of information about this Library topic. To get more information about each book, just click on the image of the book. Also, a "bubble" of information might be displayed. You can click on the title of the book in that bubble to get more information, too.